- to request that we provide you with a copy of the personal information we maintain about you;
- that we correct the personal information we maintain about you; and,
- other legal rights you have concerning the personal information we maintain about you.
“Omni” means Omni Distributors LLC, and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates, except those which maintain their own privacy policies. Omni is also referred to as “we”, “us” and “our”.
If you live in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the State of California, United States, or the State of Nevada, United States, you may have additional rights concerning the personal information we maintain about you. Those are described in
- Your Rights if You Live in the EEA
- Your Rights if You Live in California
- Your Rights if You Live in Nevada
- Omni is a Global Company Headquartered in the United States
- What is Personal Information?
Personal information (“PI”) means any information that (i) directly and clearly identifies an Individual (for example, your name), or (ii) can be used in combination with other information to reasonably identify an Individual (for example, your gender, age or work address).
- What is Sensitive Personal Information?
Sensitive personal information (“Sensitive Information”) is a subset of PI that is more sensitive in nature than PI. It reveals race, religion, national origin, political opinions, union membership, sexual preferences, sexual orientation, genetic data and biometric data.
- What PI Do We Collect?
We may collect, store and use different types of PI about you. The types of PI may include:
- First and last name, home address, business name and address, internet protocol address, email address and business and mobile telephone numbers;
- Signature, account number and password and credit card number;
- The amount of time during which you have had an account with Omni;
- Gender, date of birth and marital status; and;
- Browsing time, cookies information, website history and social media account identifier.
While it is unusual for us to do so, we may sometimes collect Sensitive Information in limited instances.
- Do We Collect the PI of Children?
No. Omni does not knowingly acquire or retain PI about children under the age of eighteen and will delete such information if collected or processed in error.
- Who Gives Your PI to Us?
We collect your PI from you when you:
- Interact with us using one of our websites before and after becoming a customer or end user;
- Ask us to provide our products or services to you, and you give us your PI with your request;
- Communicate with us by telephone, email, one of our websites or hard copy correspondence;
- Reply to one of our promotions, request a product sample, enter a sweepstakes or contest or subscribe to promotions from us, including by email.
If you fail to provide your PI to us when requested, we may not be able to perform all our legal and contractual obligations or carry out all activities such as providing you with marketing materials. We will make it clear if and when this situation arises and what the consequences of not providing your PI will be.
We also collect your PI from third party parties such as:
- Those who provide your PI to us so that we can contact you with information about OMNI products and services; and,
- Our distributors and marketing representatives.
- On What Legal Basis Does Omni Collect and Process Your PI?
There are a number of reasons why Omni collects and processes your PI. Those reasons include:
- You have given us consent. The consent can be in writing. Or it can be verbal;
- We must process your PI in order to perform a contract between you and OMNI. For example, we need your PI to send you marketing materials you requested or to fulfill a sweepstakes;
- Processing is needed for OMNI to comply with a legal obligation. For example, OMNI needs certain PI to enable us to process your purchase order; and
- Other reasons allowed by law.
- How Do We Use the PI We Maintain About You?
Omni uses your PI to:
- Manage all aspects of our relationship with you. This includes sending you promotional materials, fulfilling product orders, delivering services, communicating with you on pricing and discounts and scheduling dispenser installations;
- Respond to your questions;
- Determine how our websites are being used;
- Improve website content; and
- Provide you with targeted information.
- Aggregate Data
In some instances, Omni may use your information in combination with information belonging to other Individuals. In this process, we use various methods to remove the identifying portions of any PI from your information before combining it with the information of other Individuals. The output of this process is aggregate data, which is incapable of identifying you or any other Individual. We use this aggregate data for several reasons, including making improvements to our products and services and how we deliver them to you.
- Does Omni Share Your PI with Third Parties?
Omni does not sell your PI to third parties for monetary payment.
Omni may transfer your PI to third parties where OMNI does not receive a monetary payment. Example of these transfers include:
- When you request us do to so, or provide your consent to us to do so;
- To Service Providers. A “Service Provider” is a company or person which processes your PI for a OMNI business purpose under a written contract between OMNI and the Service Provider. Examples of a business purpose are processing product orders, fulfilling sample requests and providing promotional services; and
- To our distributor partners and marketing representatives to assist in their sales efforts.
Omni will also provide your PI to a third party in following situations:
- If Omni sells a business, your PI may be sent to the buyer of that business. If Omni buys a business, it may acquire the PI of customers and prospective customers of that business;
- When required by law or by order of a court or other government agency;
- When Omni determines it is needed or desirable to protect our safety and the safety of our employees and others;
- When the PI we transfer is available to the public in government records; and
- When we seek the advice of professional advisors such as attorneys and accountants.
- Your Rights Regarding Your PI
You also have the rights described in A. – H. below. To exercise any of these rights, please send your request to [____________________].
When you contact OMNI to exercise any of the rights you have, as described below, we may request information from you to enable us to confirm your identity. We will use reasonable means to confirm that the Individual making the request is you. If we cannot verify that the Individual making the request is you, Omni may deny the request.
There will be no charge to request and receive your PI. If Omni cannot provide you with access to your PI, we will inform you of the permissible reasons why we may not do so.
In addition, Omni may not always be able to fulfill your request to your satisfaction. In some cases, Omni may be prohibited by law, agreement or legitimate interest to fully comply with your request. When those situations arise, Omni will inform you of why we are unable to fulfill your request.
You have the following rights:
Upon request, we will provide you with access to the PI we have collected about you.
- Correction (also known as Rectification)
Omni attempts to be sure that your PI in our possession is accurate, current and complete. If you believe that the PI Omni has collected and is storing about you is incorrect, incomplete or outdated, you may request the revision or correction of that PI.
- Deletion (also known as the ‘Right to be Forgotten’)
You may request that we delete the PI which Omni maintains about you. Omni may retain your PI for as long as we believe it is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the PI was collected.
There are instances where applicable law allows or requires us to refuse to delete your PI. In the event that we cannot delete your PI, we will inform you of the reasons why.
- Restrict Processing
You may request that Omni restricts processing your PI under certain circumstances, including if you believe the PI is not accurate.
You have the right, if possible given Omni’s then current automated systems and data architecture, to receive from Omni your PI in machine readable format.
You have the right in limited circumstances to object to Omni processing your PI.
- Automated Processing
You have the right to ask us to stop using your PI for automated processing such as profiling.
- Withdraw Consent
Where Omni collects and processes your PI based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw consent.
- Lodge a Complaint
- Retention of your PI
We will retain your PI for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected, and to allow us to satisfy any legal, accounting and reporting requirements.
- Security of Collected Information
We are committed to protecting the security of the PI we collect from you. Omni uses reasonable physical, technical and administrative safeguards to help protect the information from destruction, loss and unauthorized or inappropriate access or use.
Use the contact information located in Section 13 above.
Your Rights if You Live in the European Economic Area
- Data Controllers
The General Data Protection Regulation defines a “controller” as a person or entity which determines the purpose for processing PI.
The data controllers are:
Omni Distributors LLC
- Transfers of PI Outside the EEA
If you reside inside the EEA and we transfer your PI outside the EEA, we will put in place one of the required safeguards so that the transfer complies with European data protection law. Omni relies upon the European Commission’s approved standard contractual clauses when transferring your PI to a country, such as the United States, whose privacy laws are not seen as being adequate by the Commission. A copy of the standard contractual clauses we have in place may be requested at [_____________________].
- Post-Mortem Rights
Where permitted by law, You may define guidelines as to the storage, erasure and communication of your PI after your death. These guidelines may be general or specific.
Your Rights if You Live in California
In addition, if a California consumer exercises his or her rights under the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against that consumer by denying him or her our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers or providing a different level or quality of our goods or services.
- Transferring Your PI to Third Parties
Omni does not sell your PI to third parties for monetary compensation.
Omni may transfer your PI to third parties where Omni does not receive a monetary payment. California law defines “sell” as selling, releasing or disclosing your PI for a monetary payment or something else of value received in return.
If you wish to direct us to not sell your PI, you may do so by the following methods:
Submit your request to [______________________].
We may sell (but not for monetary compensation) the following types of PI to third parties who are not Service Providers:
First and last name, business name and address and business and mobile telephone numbers. B. Transfer to Service Providers.
We may transfer your PI to a third party Service Provider for a business purpose. We transfer the following types of PI to third party Service Providers for a business purpose:
- First and last name,
- business name and address,
- business and mobile telephone numbers and signature;
- Omni account number; and Social media account names.
- Transferring Your PI to Third Parties for Third Direct Marketing
California law permits you to request from us additional information if we transfer, or share, your PI with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. Omni does not transfer, or share, your PI with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
- Do Not Track
Please be aware that our websites do not respond to Do Not Track browser settings and do not participate in any Do Not Track Frameworks that would allow us to respond to you.
Your Rights if You are a Resident of Nevada
Nevada law may allow you to direct us to not sell, for money compensation, certain of your PI. However, please be aware that Omni does not sell PI to third parties for monetary compensation.